If you are one of the global fans of Anime and wonder how to find the very best streaming content.
This Anime for Kodi add-on could be what you are looking for to add, and from where you can access a vast range of anime content.
Here we will look at how to install it and what precautions you should take because add-ons of this type don’t always stream legal content.
What is Kodi?
Just in case any user doesn’t know, Kodi is a free, open-source media player which runs on a wide range of devices. These can include the following and many more:
- Amazon Fire Stick
- Nvidia Shield
- Android or iOS phone
- PC or Mac
Kodi has been a victim of the clampdown on many add-ons because of the content they stream. This, however, has nothing to do with the Kodi application itself.
For this reason, it is advised to use a good VPN client while using Kodi, and more of this will be explained later in the article.
What is the 9Anime Kodi Add-on?
9Anime is a hugely popular website that presents (unofficial and pirate). Unfortunately, the 9Anime add-on has no link to this site, apart from sharing the same name and viewing this Anime content.
The 9Anime add-on links to other sources, namely free storage platforms like OpenCloud, MyCloud, RapidVideo, and G4.
Here, any user is allowed to post content, and from here, this content can be streamed by any Anime lover around the globe.
The website, on the other hand, has faced its problems. For example, at one stage, you would find the website 9anime down, and where you could previously access it from the following addresses 9anime.to or 9anime.tv, you will see they no longer exist, and you are redirected to www8.9anime.is.
You can search for the best sub-titled or dubbed Anime in different categories with the add-on.
With the 9anime add-on, you can search for shows by title or in any of the 21 genres, which include action, adventure, crime, comedy, science fiction, and others.
Installing 9Anime into Kodi
Here are the steps to take to install the best Anime Kodi add-on.
To ensure you don’t have problems installing this anime add-on, you must first go into settings>Add-ons and select the Unknown Sources option. This allows you to install any other add-on.
- Go to the Kodi Homepage and click the Gear icon.
- Go to the System menu option and select the File Manage option.
- Now double-click on Add Source.
- The Add file source dialog box will appear, and now select None from there.
- Here you need to enter the path of the Kodi anime repo.
- Once you have entered this correctly, click on OK.
- Here you now need to enter any name to identify media sources quickly. Type Cypher Locker Repo. When you have entered this, press OK.
- Now you can navigate back to the Kodi Homepage and select the Add-ons option.
- Select the Package Installer Icon from the top left corner of the home screen, and then click the option of Install from the zip file.
- Select the source file from the path you have added earlier. Next, select the source Cypher Locker Repo.
- Select the repo zip file “repository.Cypherlocker-1.0.2.zip” and wait (a few seconds) until the Kodi add-on for anime installation is completed.
- A popup message will show a successful installation of the Cyphers lockers repo.
- Now select, Install from the repository.
- It will provide a Kodi add-ons list of repos on your home screen. Just select the option “Cyphers Locker” repo.
- Select the video add-ons option inside the Cyphers lockers repo.
- A complete list of add-ons will be shown, so select Cypher 9Anime repository.
- Click the Install option for the installation of Kodi anime repository.
- It can take to complete depending on your connection, and once done. Then, you will see another popup on your home screen.
- Open Add-ons from the menu and select the Kodi anime option. Here you will be presented with all of the options from this add-on.
Protection for Your Connection
As mentioned much earlier, the content on the 9anime site comes from dubious sources, which could leave to copyright infringement from any agencies who monitor what users are accessing.
Much is the same with the content accessed by the Kodi add-on, and even though other users upload these files, it is not saying they are legally entitled to.
The safest way to download from 9anime, whether it is the website or via the add-on in Kodi. Users should make full use of a VPN service.
This service can encrypt your connection, so no matter who is retaining data, they will not see you are accessing any illegal content.
Second, some content might be geo-blocked, which is another reason why a VPN is a wise choice.
One of the most highly recommended VPNs for accessing the content of this nature, or even to unblock other geo-blocked content as well as torrenting, is ExpressVPN.
It also helps protect from malicious add-ons, which might not provide content when they update.
This service provider offers the very best encryption for all of your needs and just watching content from 9anime.
Any ISP provider you use will be unable to monitor your actions, and they will not be able to throttle your connection.
ExpressVPN can also be installed on pretty much any device where Kodi can be installed, so you have no worries about its compatibility.
Should you decide to make yourself safe and secure and make an ExpressVPN download, you can complete the signup procedure and make the payment option for this best-in-class VPN in less than 30 minutes.
This is quicker than a full anime episode takes to watch, so you can access all you wish with full knowledge you are secure, and there will be no comebacks from wherever you want to access your streaming content.