Among movies, TV shows, and sports fans, installing Mucky Duck Repo on Kodi is a popular choice among all Kodi repositories.
The main reason being is the vast range of add-on choices Mucky Duck Repo offers Kodi users.
For years, it has been recommended for any Kodi users to install Mucky Duck Repo on their Kodi devices to access a wide range of movies, TV shows, and sports add-ons.
Here, we look at installing the Mucky Duck repo and which are the best Mucky Duck repo addons like afdah, 123movies, imperial streams, m4u MD sports extra, and many more.
How to Install Mucky Ducks Repo
You can find the easy-to-follow steps to download and install Mucky Ducks Kodi repository on Krypton or Leia.
How to Install Mucky Ducks Repository
- Open Kodi onto your device
- Go to Settings and click on File Manager
- Double click on ‘Add Source’ on the left side menu
- Enter this Mucky Duck Repo URL exactly: http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml where it says ‘None’
- Underneath, we need to name the source of the Mucky Ducks repository: Name the media source ‘Mucky Duck’ then click OK
- Navigate to the Kodi Home Screen (press ‘Esc’ button on keypad)
- Select Add-ons – Click on the ‘Package Installer’ icon (open box) in the top left corner
- Select Install from zip file
- Scroll down to Mucky Duck – select repository.mdrepo-1.0.2.zip click to run
- Wait while the Mucky Duck add-on loads
- Click on Install from repository
- Select Mucky Ducks Repo – Video Add-ons (Here is a list of popular Mucky Duck Kodi add-ons)
- Click any one of the add-ons – Click Install to start the installation process from an addon inside the Mucky Ducks repository.
- Once the installation is complete, go to Kodi Main Menu
- Select Add-ons – Video Add-ons – Select the mucky duck add-on you installed from the Mucky Ducks repository
Now you can access the best movies and TV shows from that particular addon you added to your Kodi installation, such as afdah, 123movies, imperial streams, m4u MD sports extra, and many more.
What Happened to Mucky Ducks Repo?
Shocks were rippling through the Kodi community with the recent news that several Kodi repositories vanished and were taken offline.
Such repositories are websites where they host files to let Kodi users download and install add-ons into their Kodi system.
The good news was that any Kodi system and all the add-ons would keep working for the foreseeable future. (Learn Why Adblock Doesn’t Work on Crunchyroll)
However, there won’t be any updates from the Mucky Ducks repo or the updates hosted there.
Top Mucky Duck Addons
At the time, the top addons you could find in Mucky Ducks repo were the likes of afdah, 123movies, imperial streams, m4u MD sports extra, and many more.
How to Install a Kodi Repository
If you wish to add any repo on Kodi, you can do so following a specific procedure. Similarly, many of the popular add ons you find on Kodi how to install guides are much the same besides the repo on Kodi you access.
Here are two steps to install a repo and an add on, on Kodi Krypton or Kodi Leia. Use these if you discover you can no longer install Mucky Duck or install Mucky Duck addons.
Add a repo on Kodi
- Open Kodi app
- Head to your Kodi home screen
- Tap the settings icon, then click File Manager
- Tap on Add source
- Tap the box where it says
- Add any given URL precisely as it is given. Make sure to include the http://, or it won’t work
- Name the source underneath ‘any source name’
- Click OK
- Move to your home screen
- Tap on Add-ons
- Tap the package installer icon (open box)
- Tap on Install from zip file
- Tap the name of your repository, and then locate the zip file that you want
- Tap the name of the zip file
- Wait for the Kodi add on popup notification when the source has been installed
- Now you have installed your chosen repository; you can go through the second step and start to install from repository.
Install a Kodi Addon on Kodi 17 Krypton or Leia
Once you have added an add on repository, you can choose your Kodi addon repository and then find the video addons you want. For instance, select Mucky Duck and then choose any of the addons inside the Mucky Ducks repo.
- Go back to Kodi home screen
- Tap Add-ons
- Tap the package installer icon (open box)
- Tap to select Install from repository
- Tap the repository name
- Tap the add-on category you’re looking for. Kodi addons for video, Program add-ons, or Kodi addons for Music
- Tap the add-on name you wish to install
- You see a screen detailing your chosen add-on. Choose Install from the menu at the bottom
- Wait for the popup notification the add-on has been installed successfully.
Use a VPN
If you try and install Mucky Duck, there is a chance you will find you can’t install Mucky Duck repo on Kodi as it doesn’t exist any longer.
However, even if this is the case, any use of a repo on Kodi needs users to use a VPN.
A VPN is the only way you can get around the government blocks and retain your anonymity when using any repository like the Mucky Duck repo or a Mucky Duck repo alternative.
A VPN will take your IP address and change it. The new IP address can be in another country, thus keeping your location a secret. Along with this, your VPN will use military-grade encryption, and as a result, no one can see what you are accessing.
If you enter any Mucky Duck repo URL in Kodi or your browser, not even your ISP can see which site you are accessing.
Signing up for the best VPN is very straightforward. You pick your plan and get a 30-day money-back guarantee. From here, you get a download link and select install. From then, you have full protection so long as your VPN is connected.
You can try to access the Kodi Mucky Duck repo or many of the Mucky Ducks repository alternatives. Either way, you have the installation steps here to allow you to get the best Kodi addons.