Elysium is among the most popular third-party Kodi addons to stream movies and TV shows without any limits. The former name of Elysium used to be the Zen addon, which was upgraded and renamed Elysium.
It resembles the Exodus addon, and if you already appreciate the movies and TV shows on Kodi, you probably know many Kodi users are turning to the Elysium addon rather than the Exodus addon. (Read The Beginner’s Guide to Kodi)
If you are ready and willing to try something similar with the same features, then consider the Elysium Kodi addon for access to an unlimited database of movies and TV series.
However, there was a comment on the issue many found with the Elysium Kodi not working; here, you can find out all you need about fixing these issues and getting back to streaming.
Does Elysium Still Work?
It was back in 2018 when there was an issue, and users often faced an error showing Elysium Kodi addon not working.
It was annoying, although the solution isn’t as hard as it first appeared. What caught many users out was they didn’t understand the root of the problem, so that is an excellent way to begin.
Elysium addon works using an API key, thus enabling you to stream thousands of movies, TV shows and more, until the key was banned.
Because you need a new API key, you need to create a personal API key for yourself, and thus you can change the default API key.
Many comment you can use a predetermined key, yet it changes, so you still need to understand the process. (Read Exodus Cannot Connect To Repository)
Here are the steps you need to follow to create your new Elysium API Key
Create a new Elysium API key:
As we saw, they banned the original Elysium API; here, you can see how to create a new one and replace the previous to resolve the issue related to Elysium addons.
- Launch your web browser and search for URL http://themoviedb.org
- Once there, sign up and create a free account
- Once you have done this, log in
- Click the option in your Profile to go to the settings
- Select the API option on the side menu in your account
- Click ‘Create.’ This is how you create a new Elysium API
- Once complete, add the required information such as your name, email, address, postcode, and phone number.
- After the successful completion here, you are given the API key that you can use to add to Elysium.
Add API Key in Elysium addon:
You now need to add the Elysium API key to your Kodi addon
- Open the Elysium addon in Kodi and select ‘Tools’
- Click on ‘Settings’ then ‘Accounts.’ Here is where you can add your new API key for Elysium
- Click the API key and enter the new Elysium Kodi key you created in the first steps
- After entering, click OK to confirm
- You can exit out, and your Elysium stream addon should now be working again
Some of the best main features are:
- Besides streaming Elysium enables you to download and install your favorite TV shows and movies to your device
- It is compatible with Android versions of Kodi
- Elysium uses an URL Resolver to scrape different areas of the web searching for the content you may want
- You can stream in High Definition (HD), Standard Definition (SD), and High Quality (HQ).
- You have a variety of streaming tools like movies, spotlight, TV shows, channels, tools, TV calendars and more.
How do I update Elysium on FireStick?
Here are the full steps on how to install Elysium and update Elysium on Kodi FireStick.
- Open Kodi;
- Click ‘settings’ in the top left corner
- Click ‘System settings’
- Navigate to the Add-ons menu and toggle ‘Unknown sources’ to on if disabled
- Go back to the ‘System’ screen
- Select ‘File Manager’
- Select ‘Add source’
- Click in the ‘None’ field
- Enter the URL exactly: http://nan.aftermathwizard.net/nanrepo/ and click OK
- Underneath, name the source’ nanrepo,’ click OK
- Navigate to Kodi’ home screen’
- Select the ‘Add-ons’ menu item
- Click the ‘open box’ icon
- Select Install from zip file
- Select the file ‘nanrepo’ (or the name you gave)
- Click on ‘repository.elysium’
- Wait till you get a popup comment message ‘Elysium repository is enabled’
- Click ‘Install from repository’
- Select ‘Elysium Repository’
- Click on ‘Video Add-ons
- Select ‘Elysium’
- Click ‘Install’
- Wait to get the addon enabled popup comment message. Elysium is updated and ready to use.
How Do I Fix Exodus Error?
While Elysium is one of the best working Kodi addons you can find, there are times it may throw up an error. Many a Kodi addon does this so that you may need an alternative.
Because Elysium is like Exodus, you may wish to use that; however, it does come with its problems. (Read How to Delete Addons on Kodi)
Here you can see how to fix the Exodus issue to make sure your repositories are updated, and you have a recent library of movie content to watch online on the internet.
Make Sure Your Connection Isn’t Throttled
Most Kodi add-ons group content from various sources so it can deliver buffer-free streams. Many streams can come from different countries.
If ISPs enable content filtering on routers, there is a chance you’ll not establish connections with such sources. Thus your ‘No Stream Available’ error.
ISP’s also slow down connections for users who stream a lot, and there is only one way to get around this.
VPNs encrypt all your data connections, and thus your ISP won’t see what you are streaming. You can find it affects many Kodi addons in this way, as well as geo-blocking.
Your VPN can help correct a multitude of issues, although there is one area where any Kodi user does need to get and use the best streaming VPN.
Security is vital because many sources and addons may not offer legal movies. With data retention set at high levels, ISPs, government agencies, and copyright trolls can build up a digital profile of what you are doing.
A VPN will enhance your Kodi experience and keep you safe as you are streaming all the greatest TV shows and movies using the working Elysium add-on, and other working addons for Kodi.