Kodi is a remarkable media center, but if you need to uninstall Kodi to upgrade it on an Amazon Fire Stick, you have to reinstall it. If you have had enough and want to try another system, you will have to uninstall Kodi altogether.
The Amazon Fire Stick is a decent device in itself. It provides access to a lot of TV shows and movies and is a great purchase, but installing Kodi brings it to life.
You then expand your options considerably, depending on the Kodi add-on modules you use. Since the installation only takes about five minutes, this is something every Amazon Fire Stick user should try at least once.
Here you can see how to un-install Kodi FireStick forever. Also, you can install Kodi onto FireStick if upgrading to a new version of Kodi beyond Kodi 17.6; FireStick needs the space.
Kodi add-ons eat away at spare space on the device it needs for installed applications. (Read Getting started with Kodi)
How Do You Exit Kodi on FireStick?
You often tend to find that when using a FireStick or a Fire TV with Kodi, you may never entirely turn them off. Thus, you may never exit Kodi fully, and it sits there waiting until you begin it again.
In addition to this, many users, when asked, do just hold the ‘Power’ button on the remote. It is easy to see why there are errors on occasions with Kodi not starting correctly.
You need to make sure you turn off Kodi in the right manner after each use, or you can run into issues, hence the reason to uninstall Kodi from your Fire TV Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
The correct way to exit from Kodi is by using the menu ribbon.
- Scroll along the menu ribbon to the option ‘Exit Kodi’
- Select Quit
- It can take a while for Kodi to close and be released from memory
Here are a couple of wrong ways how to exit from Kodi:
- You are pressing the ‘Home’ button on your remote while running Kodi. It can be OK if you are using Kodi again; however, make sure you close Kodi if not using it.
- You are running Kodi, and you hit the red ‘Power’ button on your remote to turn off your Kodi box.
- You pull the power cord from the back of the box when Kodi is still running. This acts as a power outage, and doing it too often can damage your FireStick Fire TV or any other device you use with Kodi.
Note, if you do damage your device, you may find you have gone over the rights reserved and voided your warranty. Best case, you may need to send your name, email address for assistance, or leave a reply.
How Do I Completely Remove Kodi
The process to uninstall Kodi from your Amazon Fire Stick for good or upgrading. Before starting, it’s a good idea to remove all your add-ons if removing Kodi for good.
When you uninstall Kodi, it doesn’t always remove add-ons, and doing so; you can free up space on your device. If you’re upgrading from one version to another, you don’t need to remove your Kodi add-ons.
- Open your Amazon FireStick TV and choose ‘Settings’
- Select and click ‘Applications and Manage Installed Applications’
- Scroll down your applications list; you will come to Kodi
- Click on Kodi, then click on ‘Uninstall’ from the following screen
- Confirm your decision on the following screen
- Let the uninstall process finish
One thing you may find if you are looking at how to reinstall Kodi is that you cannot upgrade Kodi on the FireStick. Therefore, you need to un-install Kodi from FireStick, and then for the newer version, install Kodi to FireStick.
How Do I Remove Xanax from Kodi?
Xanax is not one of the best Kodi add-ons because it is a Kodi build. A Kodi build comes with many of the Kodi add-ons already installed. While it makes it easy for new users, you can find many add-ons that don’t work and are broken.
Kodi builds are designed and made by fans; developers to change the features and functions. Because some don’t work, as they should, you can see issues, and then you have the reason to uninstall Kodi.
To get rid of Xanax without uninstall Kodi, you can follow these instructions. It may not work on your Amazon Fire TV stick or Fire Stick, and you need to uninstall Kodi altogether.
Remove Kodi Add-Ons
- To remove Kodi on a FireStick:
- Open Kodi and click ‘Add-Ons’ to the left
- Click ‘My Add-ons’ when your menu shows
- Filter add-ons you want to remove or select ‘All’
- Click the add-on to remove it, and then tap the trashcan icon
Remove Xanax Kodi Build
- From Kodi home screen go to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘File Manager’
- Click ‘Add Source’
- Click ‘None’
- Enter the following URL: http://dimitrology.com/repo/
- Name it Dimitri
- Navigate to Kodi Home screen and click ‘add-ons’
- Click the add-on browser from the left
- Click “Install from zip file”
- Select Dimitri
- Click on the plugin.video .freshstart-1.0.5.zip
- Wait for popup ‘Fresh Start Add-on Installed’
- Navigate to Home screen and select ‘Add-ons’
- Select ‘Program Add-ons’
- Click Fresh Start
- Confirm ‘Yes’
- Click ‘OK’ and Click ‘Done’
The largest hurdle with Kodi and an Amazon Fire TV or FireStick is that you need to sideload the app. It may appear not very easy, yet it is just time-consuming.
Rather than removing a build, it may be easier to wipe everything and then perform a Fire Stick Kodi install so you have a fresh beginning. If you are stuck, leave your name, email address, and wait for a reply.
- How To Install Antivirus On Firestick
- How to Install IPVanish on Fire Stick
- How to Install NordVPN on Firestick