Reddit is a website where the users get to pick the hot news of the day. Users can post links and information for what they think is relevant.
Site users then vote on these posts, and the highest-ranking most newsworthy offerings rise to the top of the rankings.
The regular front page of Reddit is what faces you when you head to Reddit.com or you haven’t logged in or updated your subreddit subscriptions.
The page will be the aggregation of ‘hot’ content from all the default subreddits. It is these “default” subreddits, which are chosen by administrators of Reddit and will comprise a collection of popular subreddits. (Learn How to Delete Kodi From Firestick)
Rather than be a Reddit for dummies guide, you can use this guide and learn how to unsubscribe from subreddits and more.
How Do I Unsubscribe from a Reddit Subreddit?
Before you look at how to unsubscribe from a subreddit, you need to know how to find subreddits of interest.
Simply enter a topic in the search box to the upper-right-hand corner of the homepage then you can hit enter.
You’ll find yourself on a page full of suggested subreddits for that topic. Then, all you need to do is find the ones you like and click the green “subscribe” button.
Once you head back to the homepage by clicking the word “reddit” in the top left corner, posts from your subreddit are listed. Adding more subreddits makes the page richer, as it will show posts from subreddits you’re subscribed to.
When you subscribe to subreddits, they’re listed across the top of your Reddit homepage. If you want to know how to browse subreddits, click on its name and you’ll be taken to the specific page for that topic.
Posts on subreddits are arranged based on the numbers of upvotes they’ve received, and Reddit automatically gives recent posts a prominent place so they are seen by users looking and can be voted on. (Learn How Do You Delete Snapchat Account)
Here’s a quick reddit guide to unsubscribe.
Visit each subreddit one-by-one and then pull out the right sidebar and click unsubscribe.
If you wish to unsubscribe from multiple subreddits:
- Drag out the left sidebar, navigate to edit subreddits
- Click on the subreddit you want to unsubscribe
- Click remove, click remove and unsubscribe, carry on for all you would like to remove.
To customize your front page, start unsubscribing from any default subreddits of no interest.
- Login to your account and hover over the “My Subreddits” link to the top left-hand corner on any page of reddit. You’ll see a drop-down appear with subreddit subscriptions.
- Click the “Edit Subscriptions” link at the bottom of the drop-down, which loads the “Subreddits” page.
- Check for the box on the right side of the page titled, “Your Front Page Subreddits”.
- In this box, you can unsubscribe from subreddits by clicking the red “unsubscribe” buttons.
- The subreddits you unsubscribe, will no longer show on your front page.
How Do I Unsubscribe from a Subreddit On the App?
On your Android, go to Reddit. You’re looking for the orange icon with the white robot. It’s usually on your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap the magnifying glass in the screen’s top-right corner.
- Press the Enter key after you type the subreddit’s name. You should see the bottom-right corner of your device keyboard has a paper airplane or arrow for this key.
- Once you get the search results, tap the subreddit.
- Subscribed should be selected in the top-right corner of the screen. A confirmation message will appear.
- Unsubscribe by tapping or pressing the Unsubscribe button.
- You will no longer be subscribed to that subreddit.
How Do I Unjoin a Subreddit?
You can use these steps on an iOS, Android device or computer.
- Navigate to https://www.reddit.com in your web browser. Any web browser will do such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome-based browsers to access Reddit.
- If you haven’t already signed in to your Reddit account, do so now.
- Click “My Subreddits”. In the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click “Edit Subscriptions.” A list of the subscribed subreddits shows up here that you follow.
- Click unsubscribe next to the subreddit. It will be a red button on the left of the subreddit’s name. Once you have unsubscribed, the link you select turns green and will say “subscribe.”
How Do I Unfollow a Community on Reddit?
To stop or unfollow a community, or unjoin a community, (all mean the same) you need to head to the specific community and hover your cursor above “JOIN” to the right side of the page.
Once you do this, it changes to “Leave.” Click on it, and the community disappears from the drop-down list under “My Community”.
- On the Reddit home screen, find the My Subreddits drop-down menu to the top left corner of the screen. You can find this on any reddit page.
- By clicking the menu, you’ll see all the subreddits you’re part of on your screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the drop-down menu, until you see the “Edit Subscriptions button.” Click the button to expand the menu on screen.
- You can now see the subreddits you subscribe to and are following right next to their names, are extra buttons. You will see one labeled unsubscribe.
- You need to unsubscribe from one subreddit at once as there is no way to unsubscribe from all at once. Search for the subreddit you want to unsubscribe and click the unsubscribe button right next to their name.
- Click the yes button to agree if you are sure
Once you begin to do this, you will see the front page customize to the subreddits you still have subscriptions to. One thing you may notice are ads that crop up. A number of users want to stop cookies and related info from being made available, so they use a VPN to mask their location. (Learn How to Disable VPN on Windows 10)
Any users can try a Reddit VPN free using the risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Besides masking your location, you’ll find the VPN encrypts every message or post you send to reddit, and no one even your ISP is able to read it.